Saturday January 30, 2016
Perhaps you’re about to move into a new home, or maybe you’re just looking to give your place the makeover it has needed for years! Either way, we’ve gathered a list of design ideas that are making a big splash in 2016!
- Bringing the outdoors inside. If you love nature, this is a popular decor trend you’ll definitely want to implement into your home! Decorative plants, nature themed wallpaper, and even indoor/outdoor furniture could be exactly what your home needs to make it feel more cozy and tranquil.
- Minerals. Using minerals as accent decor can really help the room pop, like quartz and pyrite. You can get elegant bowls and place the mineral decor in different parts of the house, like your coffee table, mantel, kitchen counter, or entryway!
- Desks. Most people prefer to work on their laptop from their bed or the couch, but 2016 is bringing back the good ole’ fashioned desk! Creating a fun workspace with bright colors, shelves, and all of your stationery needs could give you the jumpstart you need to get down to business and be more productive.
- Tableware. Have any fancy gravy boats or bowls that have been buried in your china cabinet for the past few years? Wipe off the dust and set them out for everyone to see! Stick some fruit in those bowls and use them a centerpiece for your table.
- Two-Tone Kitchen Cabinets. If you want to spice things up in the kitchen, two-toned cabinets are a trend that’s charging it’s way through kitchens everywhere this year! By keeping upper cabinets a neutral color and adding a bolder color to the cabinets on bottom, your kitchen will become the most stylish room in the house!
- Formal Dining Rooms. Formal dining rooms are definitely going to be making a comeback this year. Homeowners want a space in their homes for special occasions, and having a formal space can definitely add a classy atmosphere to your home!
- Stylish Bathroom Mirrors. Regular, everyday mirrors are now a thing of the past. Find some fun mirrors to hang in your bathroom and give it a unique look!
- Digital-Free Living Rooms. Are your kids always on their hand-held devices? A new craze of having digital-free living rooms is making its way into the new year, and it’s something you might want to try! Create a living space that is a TV, computer, and cellphone free zone so that you and your family can read, relax, and enjoy each other’s company!
- We hope these popular trends have inspired you and help you personalize your home the way you’ve always dreamed of!